The Brookline High School coaching staff is offering six weeks of intensive summer training and the program culminates with a week of racing at Royal Canadian Henley Regatta. The Dirty Water Boat Club competitive rowing program is for experienced high school rowers looking to train and race during the summer season. Athletes will have the opportunity to row in a number of boat classes, including singles, doubles, quads, pairs, fours, and eights.
The team is relatively small, capped at 25 girls and 25 boys. Placement priority will be given to athletes who meet or exceed the 2k erg standards below:
- Rowers: Girls
- U19 Girls (born in 1999/2000): 8:15 or faster
- U17 Girls (born in 2001 or later): 8:30 or faster
- Rowers: Boys
- U19 Boys (born in 1999/2000): 7:15 or faster
- U17 Boys (born in 2001 or later): 7:30 or faster
- Coxswains will be contacted by coaches if additional information is necessary.
We recommend that you submit your application by May 15, when most acceptances will be sent out. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis after May 15 until the program is full.
The cost is $2250 check or $2310 by credit card (covers 2.59% processing fee). The fee includes the trip to Canada. Uniforms will be ordered in early summer and are a separate cost.
- Monday, June 26 through Tuesday, August 15
- M-F 8:00–10:00am and 5:30–7:00pm
All practices will take place at the Boston Latin Boathouse – 1255 Soldiers Field Road Boston, MA 02135.
- Monday, Aug 7 – Monday, Aug 14 – Canadian Henley Regatta, St Catharines, Ontario